Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.9.6 Readying New Clipboard, GUI Improvements

Phoronix: GIMP 2.9.6 Readying New Clipboard, GUI Improvements

GIMP is taking another step towards the long overdue GIMP 2.10 image program update with a new milestone release being on the horizon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder what will be released first, GTK+4 or GIMP with GTK+3.

Comment

Maybe GIMP should target GTK4 then, skipping version 3?

Comment

Gimp's development is so slow it probably has fallen behind krita? Need to try krita someday.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
          Gimp's development is so slow it probably has fallen behind krita? Need to try krita someday.
          They target different niches. GIMP is for photo retouching (like Photoshop) and Krita is for digital painting (like Corel Painter or Paint Tool SAI).

Comment

If they by "GUI improvements" refers to a complete overhaul of the GUI then i'm all for it.
            A less logical, conter-intuitive GUI is hard to find.

Comment

Looking at Gimp's commits, it's pretty much being worked on by 1 guy. No wonder they don't get anything done.

Comment

Google's SOC is pretty much the only time things ever get done/improve with GIMP. I'm a photo enthusiast and I don't even bother with it because it's too kludgy, complex, and lacks a good interface. The problem is that it's always tried to be Photoshop and that drives a lot of users towards simpler programs, with the same basic features.

Comment

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
                  Looking at Gimp's commits, it's pretty much being worked on by 1 guy. I should really start helping them instead of trolling here.
                  fixed.

Comment

Hey, asshole. He was just making an observation over the obvious. He was not trolling. Just like I'm not trolling by calling you an asshole. Just an obvious observation.

Comment

Working...
                    X