Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manjaro 16.10 "Fringilla" Released

Phoronix: Manjaro 16.10 "Fringilla" Released

A new version of the Arch-based Manjaro Linux distribution is available and continues with its Xfce desktop choice while a KDE Plasma 5.8 version is also available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

+ Mesa 13 RC2
    + all stable linux releases

so far the best linux distro for me

Comment

As far as Arch based distributions go, Manjaro is by far my favorite. Since I installed dual RX 470's though I can't even get the installation to start, it just black screens so I figured they just didn't have proper polaris support.

I've since moved to Apricity and it seems to work great now that it's running. Maybe I'll try this release to see if it's been fixed.

Comment

Darknation - on Arch it's a good idea to use the [mesa-git] repository

You'll need to install xf86-video-amdgpu-git (You need a version after June 2016, thus the GIT version), mesa-git mesa-libgl-git lib32-mesa-git lib32-mesa-libgl-git

For me sometimes I have to start GDM as X instead of Wayland by editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf and toggling it on/off. Been on Polaris on Arch since August or so now.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          Darknation - on Arch it's a good idea to use the [mesa-git] repository

You'll need to install xf86-video-amdgpu-git (You need a version after June 2016, thus the GIT version), mesa-git mesa-libgl-git lib32-mesa-git lib32-mesa-libgl-git

For me sometimes I have to start GDM as X instead of Wayland by editing /etc/gdm/custom.conf and toggling it on/off. Been on Polaris on Arch since August or so now.
          That was very thoughtful of you, thanks a lot for the pro tip! I'm going to copy/paste your reply so I can look into that later!

Comment

Just wondering if they were thinking about Fringilla Vigo
            Fringilla Vigo is a Nilfgaardian sorceress and a member of the Lodge of Sorceresses along with...

Comment

Working...
            X