No announcement yet.

Steam Client Beta Adds Radial Menu Mode, Other Steam Controller Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Client Beta Adds Radial Menu Mode, Other Steam Controller Improvements

Phoronix: Steam Client Beta Adds Radial Menu Mode, Other Steam Controller Improvements

Linux gamers making use of a Steam Controller will want to try out the latest Steam Client Beta...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Pics please

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      Pics please

Source

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayofEvil View Post
        That seems like a really great feature, sortof reminds me of C Stick on Gamecube in a weird way. Thank you sir

Comment

I have a special interest in input devices, and the steam controller is easily the best controller ever.
          Thanks Valve!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisq View Post
            I have a special interest in input devices, and the steam controller is easily the best controller ever.
            Thanks Valve!
            I just picked up the controller plus the SteamLink a couple weeks ago. My linux system i in my office, and I can game on the HDTV in the living room. The Steam Link works great. I'm using it via Ethernet. The Steam controller works well; but takes some tweaking here and there.

Comment

I've been enjoying the Steam Controller overall, but there's a definite downside so far - it (or the software that runs it) doesn't play nicely with others.

I have a wireless Xbox 360 receiver and two 360 controllers. It's nice for a couple games with multiplayer support. However, if you have the "XBox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver" plugged in, it shows up as four controllers. Only the connected ones actually send signals, but there's always those four controllers present.

This prevents the Steam Controller from working properly. In Steam itself, it's fine. But once you launch a game, even from Big Picture mode, the game sees the Xbox 360 controllers and ignores the Steam Controller. I've asked around on a couple different forums but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to cooperate, to allow the Steam Controller to be the 'first' controller and have the 360 controllers for extra players. the only solution, for now, is 'unplug the 360 receiver'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Ingles View Post
                I've been enjoying the Steam Controller overall, but there's a definite downside so far - it (or the software that runs it) doesn't play nicely with others.

I have a wireless Xbox 360 receiver and two 360 controllers. It's nice for a couple games with multiplayer support. However, if you have the "XBox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver" plugged in, it shows up as four controllers. Only the connected ones actually send signals, but there's always those four controllers present.

This prevents the Steam Controller from working properly. In Steam itself, it's fine. But once you launch a game, even from Big Picture mode, the game sees the Xbox 360 controllers and ignores the Steam Controller. I've asked around on a couple different forums but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to cooperate, to allow the Steam Controller to be the 'first' controller and have the 360 controllers for extra players. the only solution, for now, is 'unplug the 360 receiver'.
                I haven't run into that yet. Which games?

Comment

Originally posted by patstew View Post

I haven't run into that yet. Which games?
                  A couple Feral ports (Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider), Saints Row 3, Victor Vran. Q.U.B.E. That I know of, at this point I seldom plug the 360 receiver in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Ingles View Post

A couple Feral ports (Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider), Saints Row 3, Victor Vran. Q.U.B.E. That I know of, at this point I seldom plug the 360 receiver in.
                    Ran a couple more tests last night. Doesn't affect The Talos Principle, Monstrum, Teslagrad, Serious Sam 3 BFE.

Does affect Metro 2033 and Alien Isolation, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, To The Moon, Day Of The Tentacle Remastered.

Ubuntu 16.04.1, "Steam package versions: 1471977975"

Comment

Working...
                    X