Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Turns 19, Debian Turns 23 Years Old

Phoronix: GNOME Turns 19, Debian Turns 23 Years Old

There are at least two exciting Linux/open-source birthdays to celebrate this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

RIP Ian Murdock, thanks for giving us Debian and everything!

Comment

Yes Michael. You're missing a big one! Next Thursday the kernel turns a quarter century!

Comment

About 12 years ago I tried a lot of distros. I am glad I ended up with Debian and I have been using Debian for servers since 2006 and could never be happier - you can simply do things that are not possible on Windows platforms. Since 2013 I have used Debian full time for desktop as well and absolutely no regrets except not switching earlier

Happy birthday Debian

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Debian rocks, and I've cut my Linux teeth on Slackware back in the mid 90s, then spent a while in Fedora-land...finally landing in Debian in early 2005. Liked what I saw and it was so much easier to work with .deb's than with .rpm's. Compiling stuff for slackware got old after a while. Debian has matured into a solid well maintained distro with quite a lot of goodies just an apt-get install away

Comment

Working...
          X