Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 11.0 Has Been Pushed Back By One Week

Phoronix: FreeBSD 11.0 Has Been Pushed Back By One Week

FreeBSD 11.0 has seen a very minor set-back in getting its release out the door...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like FreeBSD has a good release manager, recognizing critical bugs and delaying the release appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
      Looks like FreeBSD has a good release manager, recognizing critical bugs and delaying the release appropriately.
      Fedora is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Fedora is much better.
        Give it a rest...

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
          Like a true professional OS. The *buntu way is release a buggy iso every few months and a LTS (the real thing) every 2 years. But it isn't truly stable until the first point release.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Fedora is much better.
            Oh yeah, I forgot, there's also the fedora way which is to never release something truly stable unless made by pure accident. And when something brake get "buy the full Red Hat" as response.

that was my experience at least

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

Oh yeah, I forgot, there's also the fedora way which is to never release something truly stable unless made by pure accident. And when something brake get "buy the full Red Hat" as response.

that was my experience at least
              I was according to delays. In his logic if something is delayed it's because of good release manager. People behind Fedora keep doing this all the time, so conclusion was simple.

Comment

Working...
              X