Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.27-rc6 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.27-rc6 Kernel Released

It's been about two weeks since the Linux 2.6.27-rc5 kernel was released, but last night Linus released the sixth release candidate. In the LKML release announcement, Linus notes that the major changes with this release are updates to the gspca USB web camera driver and removing the defunct miropcm20* driver from the kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, I just updated my Ubuntu 8.10alpha from 2.6.27-rc4 to 2.6.27-rc6 and now my X session hangs on startup. After the stippled X server screen comes on, the screen goes solid white with the spinning wait-cursor. Eventually it stops spinning and becomes the normal pointer-cursor, but still nothing else is displayed - no background, no applets, no menus... HP dv5z, HD3450. I guess I might try rolling back the rc6 patch to rc5 and see what happens...

Comment

Well I did not get fglrx 8-8 running with it only 8-7.

Comment

Working...
      X