Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Announces New TITAN X Card With 12 Billion Transistors, 11 TFLOPS Compute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces New TITAN X Card With 12 Billion Transistors, 11 TFLOPS Compute

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces New TITAN X Card With 12 Billion Transistors, 11 TFLOPS Compute

The NVIDIA Pascal family sure is getting bigger with the surprise announcement tonight of the GP102-based TITAN X...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You know what you need to do Larabel!

Comment

Obligatory
      "But can it run Crysis?"

Comment

Glad its name isn't misleading. Oh, wait... Next card will be called Riva TNT probably.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Glad its name isn't misleading. Oh, wait... Next card will be called Riva TNT probably.
          Were you expecting 3dfx Voodoo3? LOL, I still have mine and yes it works.

I don't care if they want to call a $99 Pascal card a Riva. As long as it clears out all of those underperforming GT(210/510/710) DX10 series on retail shelves.,

Comment

THIS gets me even more HYPED for VEGA.

True GP100 is still to be seen.

Comment

Wake me up when 15 cm HMB2 card is there

Comment

Looks like a beast of card, but it has been a super long time since I had the disposable income to afford anything like that!

I'll just wait a few generations and pick up a mid range card with the same amount of power!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                  I'll just wait a few generations and pick up a mid range card with the same amount of power!
                  You can wait 10+ years Intel's iGPU to get there ... their fastest is now 10 times less powerful then this

It is not comparable, it is like comparing truck vs mini car

Comment

Not that I'm going to buy it, but aside from ultra-enthusiasts and science-projects, that don't need 64-bit precision (Margin already getting thin here?), what is the group of interest NVidia is aiming at? Esp. as it does not have HBM2, which might enable the massive throughput you might want to have. You either get the GP100 for real scientific stuff (and then also have the money to back it up) or you want to play games - where you are better off with... lets say 2x1080? Can someone explain this product to me?

Comment

Working...
                    X