Trying The Radeon RX 480 & R9 Fury With The AMDGPU Code For Linux 4.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying The Radeon RX 480 & R9 Fury With The AMDGPU Code For Linux 4.8

Phoronix: Trying The Radeon RX 480 & R9 Fury With The AMDGPU Code For Linux 4.8

With the main batch of Radeon/AMDGPU driver changes ready for DRM-Next that will in turn land for the Linux 4.8 kernel, I've begun testing this new code with various AMD GPUs. Here are my AMDGPU results when comparing Linux 4.7 Git to this code that's coming for Linux 4.8 with a Radeon R9 Fury and RX 480...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So we are getting OverDrive when it's being discontinued in favour for WattMan on Windows? A bit late, ain't it?

Comment

Performance of my R9 380 with this kernel is still poor like with the other kernel 4.7 series :/

Comment

Is PowerPlay enabled by default yet?

Comment

It seems to be some regression with CS:GO.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
            So we are getting OverDrive when it's being discontinued in favour for WattMan on Windows? A bit late, ain't it?
            Well we don't have GUIs, we overdriving by using ConsoleMan on Linux
            Last edited by dungeon; 09 July 2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              Well we don't have GUIs, we overdriving by using ConsoleMan on Linux
              WattMan provides much more than just percental overclock.

I said this before. I don't care about a GUI. AMD does not need to deliver one. The actual interface however would be great. Like overdrive but all the features of WattMan...

Comment

Working...
              X