Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More DRM Code Gets Aligned For Linux 4.8 Via DRM-Next

Phoronix: More DRM Code Gets Aligned For Linux 4.8 Via DRM-Next

Complementing the significant amount of Intel DRM driver code already vetted and queued up for the Linux 4.8 cycle via DRM-Next, more code was pulled in last night for the various Direct Rendering Manager drivers in preparation for this next kernel cycle later in the summer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

yes overclock support is awesome, and even better than windows (20% vs 15 %)
    http://gearsongallium.com - openSUSE base livecd with lates opensource video drivers with gallium-nine supportRadeon hd 7790intel i5 3330openSUSE Factory

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
      yes overclock support is awesome, and even better than windows (20% vs 15 %)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96yg2zWdhSs

I didn't catch the actual core clock rate it was running at in the video but I don't think it's actually any different than Windows. The stock clock of a reference 7790 is 1000MHz, your card was factory OC'd with a default clock of 1050MHz. My guess is DRM-Next doesn't care what the factory OC was it's percentages are setting it based on that of the reference clock.

Glad OC is in but I'd prefer just sending the desired target clock as you do in Windows to avoid the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by zamadatix View Post

I didn't catch the actual core clock rate it was running at in the video but I don't think it's actually any different than Windows. The stock clock of a reference 7790 is 1000MHz, your card was factory OC'd with a default clock of 1050MHz. My guess is DRM-Next doesn't care what the factory OC was it's percentages are setting it based on that of the reference clock.

Glad OC is in but I'd prefer just sending the desired target clock as you do in Windows to avoid the confusion.
        in console output
        1050 > 1280
        1500 > 1800
        in windows
        1050 + 14.2%
        1500 > 1600

Comment

TI OMAP is doing fine, it's just not called OMAP anymore =). It's AM4 or AM5 or DRA7, and sold to other uses than smart-phones.

Comment

Working...
          X