Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.6.1 Should Be Released This Week, Test Packages Available

Phoronix: Qt 5.6.1 Should Be Released This Week, Test Packages Available

Not everyone has been happy with the state of Qt 5.6.0, that was released after months of delay and Qt 5.7 is just around the corner. Fortunately, Qt 5.6.1 should be out this week with some important bug fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At last. Debian would really benefit from bug fixes in 5.6.1.
    Last edited by shmerl; 06 June 2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Hm. Qt 5.6 didn't fix Plasma 5 crashing on monitor sleep (1.5 year old bug now). I don't suppose this would fix it...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Hm. Qt 5.6 didn't fix Plasma 5 crashing on monitor sleep (1.5 year old bug now). I don't suppose this would fix it...
        I thought it was supposed to be fixed: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-42985

I think there is also some bug in Plasma itself which combines with this. Which Plasma did you test it on?

Comment

I take it you mean this one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

I take it you mean this one ?

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=340267
            Yeap. I'm the OP of that bug.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I thought it was supposed to be fixed: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-42985

I think there is also some bug in Plasma itself which combines with this. Which Plasma did you test it on?
            Doesn't work. I waited for Qt 5.6 for years, and when it arrived, it still crashes.

Plasma 5.6.3.

Comment

Yeap. I'm the OP of that bug.

Doesn't work. I waited for Qt 5.6 for years, and when it arrived, it still crashes.

Plasma 5.6.3.
              Is it 5.6.1 or 5.6.0? 5.6.1 was just released. If it won't help - it means the bug is still in Plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Is it 5.6.1 or 5.6.0? 5.6.1 was just released. If it won't help - it means the bug is still in Plasma.
                5.6.0, since there's no 5.6.1 in Tumbleweed yet.

Comment

Working...
                X