Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment 0.21 Now In Alpha With Better Wayland Support

Phoronix: Enlightenment 0.21 Now In Alpha With Better Wayland Support

Mike Blumenkrantz of Samsung today tagged Enlightenment 0.21 (E21) Alpha...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After watching that video... E21 seems... a bit shaky

Comment

Gotta love those wobbly windows, don't cha?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        After watching that video... E21 seems... a bit shaky

Gotta love those wobbly windows don't cha?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          When I did test Enl, it did not have the Xfce whisker menu, instead it had a huge complex historical menu.
          How is that worse? it has the same stuff just arranged with parent and child menus. applications are there. settings, other desktop stuff. how is a good old menu "complex" oh wait. i know. you cannot handle more than 7 things. maybe your keyboard is confusing you. it has maybe ~ 100 keys. you need to replace it with a keyboard with only 7 keys. oh and don't forget to never have more than 7 files stored or you cannot handle it...

seriously? e's main menu is a very standard menu- the kind mac apps have used for 20+ years and people use and can handle. how is this so "huge and complex"? you rarely need most of the submenus. some parent entries, an application entry.. sometimes. common apps you use all the time you have in your ibar launcher anyway ... so really how often do you use that menu? i bring it up maybe 3 or 4 times in a day. perhaps your issue is you don't change your workflow and somehow use one single menu as a crutch for everything and since it is arranged differently to xfce - you are not used to it.

but seriously... all a whisker menu is is a menu with 2 columns with parent and child categories in the same box and a search box. e has this hit alt+esc - type in search term. you can put the evrything popup as a gadget in the shelf if u want. you can configure left click on desktop to bring up the evrything box if you want. you'd be amazed what you can change to your liking with a few options. but i guess you will never find them because you are unable to handle more than 7 things - ever.

Settings were distributed to many small dialogs. Developers do not know that a human can handle approx seven items at one time, so you can have 7 settings in one dialog instead of 7 separate dialogs.
          umm no. that is wrong. SHORT TERM MEMORY can hold about 7 (+-2) things at any one time. so if you expect people to remember something you just told them with no visual queues, or menu, heirarchy then ~7 is right. but that is not the case with something searchable, indexed, listed or just presented. a human can handle much more. if you could only deal with 7 things ... why on earth does english have 26 letter?s hell it has 52 if you include upper and lower case. numbers are made of 10 different digits. how can you possibly deal with the complexity of the world if you can only handle 7 things at a time. read up on the studies. it's short term memory. not total number of things a human can deal with at once.

Comment

Typical Raster... Yep, the EFL and Enlightenment are the best! Good you have deal with Samsung, otherwise EFL and Enlightenment would've ~7 users. Now it have like 17 as the additional 10 are Koreans...

Comment

When I did test Enl, it did not have the Xfce whisker menu.
              A piece of software not in any way related to Xfce doesn't have Xfce's whisker menu? Oh my...

Comment

Regards,
                sw engineer ,Msc.
                As if that meant anything. Do you even know who raster is, by the way?

Comment

debianxfce

You must be the worst software engineer ever (though, in your case, I think the term implies a thirteen year old kid writing a Pacman clone on his mother's laptop), judging by your religious, never changing opinions.

Heck. I don't doubt (not for one second) that if a superior desktop methodology came around, you'd just scream "Xfce is still better!!" and run.

Comment

A few releases ago Enlightenment bragged about how certain DE:s suck for requiring GL. Now if i understood correctly, E requires GL?
                    Last edited by varikonniemi; 13 April 2016, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X