Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreELEC Takes Flight As OpenELEC Fork

Phoronix: LibreELEC Takes Flight As OpenELEC Fork

There's been grumblings about a growing fork of OpenELEC the past few weeks while today two Phoronix readers wrote in with news of LibreELEC, the new fork of OpenELEC as a Kodi/XBMC appliance Linux distribution that has a number of the original OpenELEC developers involved...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You got the OSMC part wrong in the article. OSMC is not an OpenELEC fork, but a debian based distribution with similar goals: Providing an easy to use out of the box media center.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post
      You got the OSMC part wrong in the article. OSMC is not an OpenELEC fork, but a debian based distribution with similar goals: Providing an easy to use out of the box media center.
      That text wasn't from me but a reader.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Developer choosing to prefix their projects with "Libre" should be shot. It just sounds weird and it doesn't roll of the tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Developer choosing to prefix their projects with "Libre" should be shot. It just sounds weird and it doesn't roll of the tongue.
          I do disagree with the whole 'libre' prefix but for other reasons.

As for pronunciation, eh, I just pronounce it 'leebah' despite knowing it's 'leebra'. I already cop flack for pronouncing linux 'lie-nix' so a bit more wouldn't hurt.
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            naye, it's perfect.

Source: is french.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

That text wasn't from me but a reader.
              It's incorrect information either way. OSMC is Debain based, it has nothing to do with OpenElec.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post

naye, it's perfect.

Source: is french.
                Or spanish...

Comment

Oh yay, More forks-of-forks because of developer disagreements. At least it's a whole distro this time, so hopefully we won't have a refresh of the ffmpeg/libav bullcrap.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post

Or spanish...
                    But it's not being appended to other Spanish words, maybe that's what makes it so weird.

Comment

Working...
                    X