Unreal Engine 4.11 Released With Better Performance & Greater Visuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Engine 4.11 Released With Better Performance & Greater Visuals

Phoronix: Unreal Engine 4.11 Released With Better Performance & Greater Visuals

Epic Games is ending out the month by releasing the newest version of UE4, Unreal Engine 4.11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After over a year in maintenance mode, the official Unreal Engine Wiki is now permanently offline. These resources now live on a new community-run Unreal Engine Community Wiki — https://unrealcommunity.wiki/! You will be able to find content from the official Unreal Engine Wiki at ue4community.wiki/legacy, where we’re working closely with the curators to ensure a complete mirror of the legacy knowledge base remains. If you’d like to join hundreds of community members and contribute to the new ...

Comment

Still no updated demo? Why????
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Still no updated demo? Why????
        Build it yourself? all sources are available

Comment

I would be keen to see some benchmarks of UE4 compiled with Vulkan (demos), it would be a great addition I think. Maybe Micheal can figure it out?

Comment

"But keep in mind that Vulkan is only using the mobile rendering path of UE4 at the moment, so you won't be able to use some of the "High End" features UE4 offers. Still, it's awesome to see a new API like Vulkan to run on your PC "

Comment

Is there now official Linux support for Editor out of box, or still something, somehow working state?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                Is there now official Linux support for Editor out of box, or still something, somehow working state?
                works great for me. and if you have clang 3.5 (not 3.6 or 3.7) and recent mono. building is painless. i know that clang 3.8 support was submitted, but i don't know if it is in 4.11 yet.

fedora 23, you have to manually switch clang to 3.5 since repos contain 3.7. mono is ok. in 24 with added support for 3.8 which is in 24, building should work OTB. only other distro i tried was ubuntu 14.04 which also comes with all requirements.

Comment

justmy2cents thanks for the info! Do you know if there's a copr repo for fedora so a compiling is not needed?

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

works great for me. and if you have clang 3.5 (not 3.6 or 3.7) and recent mono. building is painless. i know that clang 3.8 support was submitted, but i don't know if it is in 4.11 yet.

fedora 23, you have to manually switch clang to 3.5 since repos contain 3.7. mono is ok. in 24 with added support for 3.8 which is in 24, building should work OTB. only other distro i tried was ubuntu 14.04 which also comes with all requirements.
                    It sounds great but not out of box, with Unity and Unreal on Windows is Mono simply installed as part of installation and i dont to care about compiler is working out of box.

Comment

Working...
                    X