No announcement yet.

For A Few Dollars More Than The Raspberry Pi 3 You Can Have A Much Faster Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For A Few Dollars More Than The Raspberry Pi 3 You Can Have A Much Faster Board

Phoronix: For A Few Dollars More Than The Raspberry Pi 3 You Can Have A Much Faster Board

Yesterday's Raspberry Pi 3 Benchmarks vs. Eight Other ARM Linux Boards was quite interesting while today I have a complementary data point: the Raspberry Pi 3 compared to the ODROID-C2. The ODROID-C2 costs just a few dollars more ($40 USD with free shipping) while having a faster SoC and other advantages.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeah, its a good movie. And that arm device looks very interesting too.

Comment

Where can you one with free shipping? Or should the article read "excluding shipping"?

Comment

Sure there are faster computers, but the Raspberry Pi is made in Wales so gets my support!

Comment

Originally posted by ataradov View Post
          Where can you one with free shipping? Or should the article read "excluding shipping"?
          The hardkernel site gives free worldwide shipping.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I don't know where the free worldwide shipping comes from. The official site adds $16 when buying the C2.

As far as price advantage over the Pi 3 goes, after taxes, tariffs, S&H etc. the C2 would come to €70 to ship to the Netherlands, whereas I can get a Pi 3 for ~€40. This may change as local resellers stock the C2, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The hardkernel site gives free worldwide shipping.
              Nope, no free shipping.

Comment

Seems like the $30 - $100 price range is evolving into the mid-range SBC (Single Board Computer) space and will have the most interesting and best bang for your bucks products in the future.

Comment

I also choose RPI because it have all its hardware support open and already included (or being included) in mainline kernel and software. All the other cheap ARM boards have several closed blobs and with little change of being open. In 5 years i still can run my RPI, but the other boards might not run modern distros. I have enough performance for what i'm using the RPI right now and eats little energy

Comment

i know amlogic can't provide mali sources, but do they do upstream kernel development for other hardware pices ?

Comment

Working...
                    X