Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Publishes OpenVX AMDOVX Open-Source Beta

Phoronix: AMD Publishes OpenVX AMDOVX Open-Source Beta

The latest fruits of AMD's GPUOpen initiative is the open-sourcing of a beta of AMDOVX...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i got excited for a second then realised it requires the AMD APP SDK, well at least is open source now and it can be eventually ported to use an State Tracker and actually works

Comment

This looks interesting. I looked at some of the functions that I had implemented myself as well on cpu to see how *optimised* it is,
      and well I don't know if their cpu code would run faster for that function than what I wrote, but this looks optimised at least.
      And they seem to really not want to rely on the compiler to use advanced instruction sets, and do it manually.

The gpu implementation seems to lack most of the functions, but that looks like a good beginning.

Comment

Working...
      X