Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics On Linux 4.5 + Mesa 11.3-devel

Phoronix: Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics On Linux 4.5 + Mesa 11.3-devel

With having the Core i7 5775C system out of the server racks when carrying out this week's six-way Linux distribution comparison, I carried out some additional tests of the high-performance Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics. This article is to serve as some fresh Iris Pro 6200 Graphics tests on Linux when upgrading to Linux 4.5, Mesa 11.3-devel Git, and switching to DRI3 rendering.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Always interested in Iris Pro graphics tests. Would be nice for Intel to stop lagging and bring it to the newer architectures.

Any chance of an updated comparison vs. Nouveau and Radeon?

Comment

How about Intel starts to implement a shader cache for their implementation of Mesa, too?

I mean, they have more than a dozen of full-time developers dedicated just for the Linux graphics stack, right?
      So how come AMD got there first?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerroast View Post
        Always interested in Iris Pro graphics tests. Would be nice for Intel to stop lagging and bring it to the newer architectures.

Any chance of an updated comparison vs. Nouveau and Radeon?
        here you go - at least for radeonsi/fglrx on kaveri and intel hd530: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...GA-GRAPHICS619

@Michael: It would be nice if the bars of the 3 result files would get different colours - if I would be a coder I would try implementing it myself...

Comment

AFAIK Intel iGPUs do not provide FP64 support, is this still correct with these new beasts?

Comment

No chance to have Fedora and Arch on that chart?

Comment

Originally posted by adakite View Post
              No chance to have Fedora and Arch on that chart?
              No, wouldn't make much of a difference.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

here you go - at least for radeonsi/fglrx on kaveri and intel hd530: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...GA-GRAPHICS619

@Michael: It would be nice if the bars of the 3 result files would get different colours - if I would be a coder I would try implementing it myself...
                Hmmm, by the graphing stage, it's all exposed as one unified result file. PTS does color code by brands/vendors but unfortunately with this particular instance the strings aren't too helpful to distinguish further.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

AFAIK Intel iGPUs do not provide FP64 support, is this still correct with these new beasts?

yes, same drivers

Comment

The hardware supports it, and Igalia's working on adding support to the driver/compiler. It should be finished in Mesa 11.3.

Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
                    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Working...
                    X