Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Benchmarks Of The C.H.I.P. $9 Computer

Phoronix: Linux Benchmarks Of The C.H.I.P. $9 Computer

While Next Thing Co is still working to fulfill orders on the C.H.I.P. $9 computer over the next several months, I noticed that some benchmarks of this cheap Raspberry Pi competitor have begun appearing on OpenBenchmarking.org via the Phoronix Test Suite. Here are some of those benchmark results for this ARB single-board computer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does the PHP Bench hit local storage? The Rpi's all have poor uSD controllers in them and the I/O is not good. Even a poor performing (I don't know if that's the case) eMMC will beat that easily. That would explain that anomoly.

Comment

The price is misleading, you need a 10 or 15 dollar display adapter unless you are going headless and the cheapest I have seen on the shipping is around $7. So the $9 becomes just over $30 for hdmi and just over $25 for vga and for that price you can get a much more capable device. The pocket chip is neat and that is $70 shipped, that might be worth it as it is unique.

Comment

Which one is the cheapest?
        $5 RPi zero
        $9 C.H.I.P
        $10 Orange Pi One

I bet it's Orange Pi One. Around $13 with shipping. It's 1.2 GHz quad core ARMv7. What was RPi zero again? But RPi zero had mainline support in kernel 4.4, right? With all the better "support" from the foundation. Which has most circlejerking potential in media?

Comment

Who has ever heard of multi-threaded php code? Bet that php test is single threaded, which explains why the rpi2 doesn't thoroughly obliterate it like it does in every other test.

rpi2 is QUAD CORE.

Comment

A $9 board doesn't make up for the GPL violations out of Allwinner.

Comment

Working...
            X