Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-BSD / FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT Performance

Phoronix: PC-BSD / FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT Performance

Last week I had plans to run some fresh FreeBSD vs. Linux gaming benchmarks using the FreeBSD's Linux software binary compatibility layer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael about BSD systems, how is HAMMER2 filesystem, any news about it? (I think that's the name of it :P )

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      Michael about BSD systems, how is HAMMER2 filesystem, any news about it? (I think that's the name of it :P )

AFAIK, HAMMER2 is not considered to be stable enough to be the default file system

And here's the git http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git

Also, Michael will probably send you this: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...D-HAMMER2-Root

That's the last new I can think of regarding it. We'll see more of it when it becomes the default file system.
      Last edited by profoundWHALE; 28 January 2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Can you add NetBSD to the mix? tks

Comment

Michael, out of curiosity what were you trying to run but having segfault?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
            Michael, out of curiosity what were you trying to run but having segfault?
            Yes, please provide details here, I'd like to reproduce/fix that and might already know what the problem is. Either which (preferably freely available) apps segfault and how you ran them, or at least run them in gdb and get a stack trace.

Comment

Please provide details on the segfaults, I'd like to reproduce/fix them and might already know what the problem is. Either which (preferably freely available) apps segfault and how you ran them, or at least run them in gdb and get a stack trace.

Comment

Working...
              X