Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.5.4 Has Fixes For Multi-Screen Users

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.5.4 Has Fixes For Multi-Screen Users

KDE Plasma 5.5.4 was released today as a bug-fix update to Plasma 5.5 as released in December. With this new point release there are fixes primarily for multi-screen users receiving notifications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's going on with Debian? Both unstable and testing are still on Plasma 5.4.3, and looks like maintainers aren't uploading anything newer.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      What's going on with Debian? Both unstable and testing are still on Plasma 5.4.3, and looks like maintainers aren't uploading anything newer.
      Pretty typical for them in my experience. One of the reasons I stopped using Debian is because they don't seem to keep up with unstable all that well. That, and I've had more issues running testing than I have running something like Arch Linux.

Comment

When the freeze approaches it happens with Debian: that's why I leaved it.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Yes!
          Kwin: Skip SWAP_BEHAVIOR_PRESERVED for supportsBufferAge. My excavations.

Comment

Unfortunately for me, for all the issues I see with Plasma 5.5, displaying notifications is not one of them. Oh well, maybe next time.

Comment

Vertical-panel fix is good, that was bugging me.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                Debian default desktop is Gnome. You can count on it being up to date. The majority of Debian users have the latest desktop release in testing.
                Didn't they switch away from Gnome. Anyway, I don't care about what's default. I'm specifically using KDE Plasma 5.

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                When the freeze approaches it happens with Debian: that's why I leaved it.
                The freeze is way in the future still. There must be some other issues. May be maintainers are away or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                  Debian default desktop is Gnome. You can count on it being up to date. The majority of Debian users have the latest desktop release in testing.
                  Gnome is default in Fedora and yet: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packa...asma-workspace

Comment

When I read multi-screen, I thought they had fixed the bug tossing the system-panel (bar) around when plugging/unplugging a second monitor on my notebook

Comment

Working...
                    X