Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Settings Is Getting Improved

Phoronix: GNOME Settings Is Getting Improved

Allan Day has written a blog post today about some of the improvements that are being worked on for GNOME's settings area...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The old GNOME Settings seems to have been inspired by the Control Panel with applets in Windows while the new design seems to be inspired by the settings screen from Android and iOS.

Comment

Mark Shuttleworth should take note on this.

Comment

I thought GNOME devs considered options/settings as evil..

Comment

so will you finally be able to differentiate between AC supplied and battery driven behaviour? would be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            The old GNOME Settings seems to have been inspired by the Control Panel with applets in Windows while the new design seems to be inspired by the settings screen from Android and iOS.

Actually the current design is heavily inspired by OS X.

Comment

Current settings are more readable and you can find whatever you are interested in faster. In the new one you have to read all the labels until you find the one that you are looking for. I don't know why are they changing it. They should just add more options. If they want something different they should look at Deepin Linux attempt on settings center.

Comment

Originally posted by killyou View Post
                Current settings are more readable and you can find whatever you are interested in faster. In the new one you have to read all the labels until you find the one that you are looking for. I don't know why are they changing it. They should just add more options. If they want something different they should look at Deepin Linux attempt on settings center.

I also think that the current design is actually quite good. You have everything at a glance and icons are faster to identify than text lables.

Comment

Let's transform the Desktop UI into a Mobile UI, good move.../s i'm done with gnome anyways..

Comment

As someone who has tried to approach the beast that is KDE System Settings, god speed to Gnome devs. Its a giant disaster mess all the way down.

Comment

Working...
                    X