Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Gains EGL_KHR_fence_sync Support To Fix Graphics Corruption

Phoronix: Mir Gains EGL_KHR_fence_sync Support To Fix Graphics Corruption

Ubuntu's Mir display server has gained support for the KHR_fence_sync EGL extension in order to eliminate some cases of graphics corruption...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how long it will take Canonical to switch to Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I wonder how long it will take Canonical to switch to Wayland?

I wonder how long until people stop asking this every time Mir is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: Mir Gains EGL_KHR_fence_sync Support To Fix Graphics Corruption

Ubuntu's Mir display server has gained support for the KHR_fence_sync EGL extension in order to eliminate some cases of graphics corruption...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...KHR_fence_sync
        So, Mir + Vulkan will be realy good combination for mobile devices, I thought they wouldn't switch for it.
        But what about notebooks with dual graphics? Will Mir support switching graphics dynamically?

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post
          I'm guessing as long as Mir is still used :-P

Comment

Mir apparently doesn't even work with all open source drivers. AMD cards don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              Mir apparently doesn't even work with all open source drivers. AMD cards don't work.
              Last time I tested Ubuntu Next with Unity 8 it worked with Radeon 5000 series graphics card. As Next is no more I need to install 16.04 LTS to test Unity 8 and Mir again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post

Last time I tested Ubuntu Next with Unity 8 it worked with Radeon 5000 series graphics card. As Next is no more I need to install 16.04 LTS to test Unity 8 and Mir again.

I also heard from others that they get a black screen.

Comment

Originally posted by useless doctor View Post

So, Mir + Vulkan will be realy good combination for mobile devices, I thought they wouldn't switch for it.
                  But what about notebooks with dual graphics? Will Mir support switching graphics dynamically?
                  That's an interesting question but beyond the current roadmap.

Architecturally, it is plausible for Mir to support switching graphics dynamically; but, there's currently no support in place to manage such a transition.

Comment

Originally posted by DDF420 View Post

I feel like mir set back wayland development. Canonical has resources and they should have been used in cooporation with the rest. That's all. Everytime Canonical decides they want to do their own projects that are technically open source, but nearly impossible for anyone else to use.... You understand what I'm saying right?

Comment

Working...
                    X