Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon DDX Update Brings DRI3, DP 1.2 MST, Tear-Free

Phoronix: Radeon DDX Update Brings DRI3, DP 1.2 MST, Tear-Free

Michel D?nzer has released the xf86-video-ati 7.6.0 DDX driver as a long overdue update to AMD's X.Org driver for pre-AMDGPU hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool.

Comment

This tearfree has something to do with Freensync?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        This tearfree has something to do with Freensync?
        It is like so called Tear Free Desktop feature which exist in Catalyst for Linux.

No, nothing to do with FreeSync, FreeSync is much much much bigger beast then that
        Last edited by dungeon; 12 November 2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

In other news, power management support for Tonga and Fiji has finally been published. Hopefully this will still make it into Linux 4.4.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
            In other news, power management support for Tonga and Fiji has finally been published. Hopefully this will still make it into Linux 4.4.
            No way it'd still get into Linux 4.4... There's basically ~3 days left to the merge window and the patch-set is massive.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No way it'd still get into Linux 4.4... There's basically ~3 days left to the merge window and the patch-set is massive.
              You're probably right... wishful thinking, eh?

OTOH, Fiji and Tonga are basically unusable right now, so barring any regressions that affect other ASICs, I don't see how this could hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                You're probably right... wishful thinking, eh?

OTOH, Fiji and Tonga are basically unusable right now, so barring any regressions that affect other ASICs, I don't see how this could hurt.
                I agree, but I guess it's more a matter of taking the risk of going from "basically unusable" to "completely unusable".

Comment

I remember reading about upcoming tear-free patches for Radeon driver in 2008. At that time I got tired of waiting and bought an NVidia card. Fast-forward to 2015, and it looks like they are still working on it and it is almost there...

Comment

this tear free will work in dual gaphics (intel/amd)(amd/amd) using the dgpu?

Comment

Working...
                    X