Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa Driver Finishes Up Arrays of Arrays Support

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Driver Finishes Up Arrays of Arrays Support

Timothy Arceri has now fully-finished up the work on ARB_arrays_of_arrays OpenGL support for the Intel Mesa driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now compute shader please!
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Anyone knows is piglits for this will become part of official conformance suite? IIRC AoA still lacked their tests, and where "worked on" last time someone from Khronos made update.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        Now compute shader please!
        Yes, agreed. I'm not sure it's as important for Intel as it is for AMD, but still it's important enough.

Comment

It's important for Intel to pass OpenGL ES 3.1 conformance as they are aiming now.

Comment

What it is needed to the gallium drivers support this extension now that it landed on mesa?

Comment

I think it just needs driver hooks. The way I understand it is that the classic interface essentially is the opengl state tracker. So for hardware to use that features of that state tracker it just needs the appropriate code in the driver so it can use it.

EDIT: Speaking of which, now that array of arrays is done the only thing left is compute shaders. Once drivers get to gl4.3 compliance they will probably have everything needed for a dx10-11 state tracker.
              Last edited by duby229; 04 November 2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                I think it just needs driver hooks. The way I understand it is that the classic interface essentially is the opengl state tracker. So for hardware to use that features of that state tracker it just needs the appropriate code in the driver so it can use it.
                No driver hooks. Just a few things that couldn't occur in the GLSL IR before that now can, and need to be handled. The most annoying part will be its interaction with samplers.

EDIT: Speaking of which, now that array of arrays is done the only thing left is compute shaders. Once drivers get to gl4.3 compliance they will probably have everything needed for a dx10-11 state tracker.
                FYI DX10 (and DX10.1) feature support has been complete for quite a while...

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

"Arrays of arrays" are one of those things that, once compiled down from high level GLSL into an IR, just becomes another way of addressing memory locations, and thus all that ought to be needed is to create the necessary GLSL-TGSI bridge.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X