Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Announces New Hardware, Android 6.0 M Shipping Next Week

Phoronix: Google Announces New Hardware, Android 6.0 M Shipping Next Week

Google announced a number of new devices today plus improvements to their services like Google Photos along with confirming Android 6.0 Marshmallow is coming next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally a tegra X1 tablet. I was hoping they would release a denver edition of the X1 before this happened, but beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

I read some very negative reviews of Snapdragon 810.

Comment

Originally posted by trifud View Post
        I read some very negative reviews of Snapdragon 810.
        It'll be version 2.1, should have the problems worked out, hopefully

Comment

Was a little disappointed with the Nexus 5x. Was hoping it would be my new phone but for the 32gb version you might of well go Nexus 6P or even the older Nexus 6 on amazon for $350. Chromecast was cool but no reason to upgrade the old version that I can see (mine sits right next to the wireless router). Tablet was the coolest thing shown.

Comment

They should have just accepted Qualcomm is a joke compared to what Apple can do with SOC's and skipped this year.

Comment

And my Nexus 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                Android > iOS. Android > Linux
                On my phone I agree, can't think of a distro I would like. For desktop/laptop Android-x86 proved that wrong. But hey whatever you are into. The requirements for my phone are so low though. Honestly all I want it to do is browse the web, check email...... oh yeah and a phone. My old Note 2 only worries me because it is not being updated anymore, that and I want to get on google fi to save $$.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
                  Android > Linux
                  So Android is Greater Than Linux because it includes Linux, Brilliant!

Apple Pie > Apple

Car > Engine

House > Wood

Comment

Nexus 5X was a disappointment. It offers nothing new over the old Nexus 5.
                    Still 2 GB RAM, still DDR3, still Gorilla Glass 3.
                    Modern phones from the competition have 3-4 GB RAM, DDR4 and Gorilla Glass 4.
                    16 GB storage is ridiculously little, they should have offered it with 32 GB as the entry version and one with 64 GB.

Nexus 6P has the ugly black border at the top on the backside.

They should have put a 3.5 mm TRS on the Chromecast and just skipped the Chromecast Audio altogether.

Comment

Working...
                    X