Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's Breeze Icons Are Finished

Phoronix: KDE's Breeze Icons Are Finished

KDE's Breeze icon package is finished in the sense that every Oxygen icon from their repository has been made available within Breeze...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Whenever i read about Plasma5 i get really exited. However, my last test on Gentoo (Plasma 5.4) was quite diappointing in the sense of bugs. Hope they will sort that out soon. I really like the vision and community.

Comment

Its nice with better icons.
      But still its too much clutter in menus, menubars, context menus, toolbars. There are a bazillion of options.

Also it doesn't feel nice to work with the KDE desktop, it feels its getting in the way.
      The KDE start menu is very annoying to use, it takes way too many clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        There are three of them, which one?

Comment

Now create an Oxygen icon for every Breeze icon

Comment

Originally posted by tillschaefer View Post
            Whenever i read about Plasma5 i get really exited. However, my last test on Gentoo (Plasma 5.4) was quite diappointing in the sense of bugs. Hope they will sort that out soon. I really like the vision and community.
            The gravest bugs I know about Plasma 5 under Gentoo are Gentoo's own fault, most notably their stupid udev fork by default that prompts sudo/root requests all the time. Regular udev has no such problems.

Originally posted by pouar View Post
            Now create an Oxygen icon for every Breeze icon
            They announced recently (don't have the link handy, though) to do exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              You're not really meant to use the start menu for much these days, other than for navigating to find an application. If you know what app you want, you just use krunner to launch it (<alt>+<F2> or the OSX style <space>+<b-slash>)

Comment

Where can I see the icons?

Comment

I've been using Breeze Icons on my Arch Gnome for the last month - I think that may mean I've committed high treason.

The Icon Color differentials for things like JS, CSS, HTML, PHP etc is extremely useful as it helps clarify the filetype visually very quickly.

The guy with KDE Kickoff issues - try the other version, default KDE Kickoff for me is the #1 issue with Plasma 5.

Also - the cursor isn't yet working properly with HiDPI displays as GTK windows get a small Adwaita cursor and Qt apps get a giant KDE cursor by default. Also, the alt-tab task switching is unusable trash on HiDPI - but I have faith in the KDE Community to deliver as Breeze Icon people have!

Comment

Originally posted by janisozaur View Post
                    Where can I see the icons?
                    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Working...
                    X