Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Out The Second-Generation Nest Protect

Phoronix: Trying Out The Second-Generation Nest Protect

Last month was the much-viewed article about losing trust in the Nest Protect following an obnoxious false alarm and the device not silencing, which resulted in me taking a sledgehammer to the offending unit. Since then, I've decided to give the Nest Protect a second shot as they sent out replacements for all of my devices with the second-generation design.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, that's rare. A complaint and a prompt response that seen to be positive and claims to fix the issues.

Let's see if it works.

Comment

Michael how do you plan to crush them this time?
      Last edited by Klassic Six; 06 September 2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Second-generation Nest Protect looks a lot sleeker for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
          Well, that's rare. A complaint and a prompt response that seen to be positive and claims to fix the issues.
          Not so rare when that "complaint" comes in the form of an article posted on a comparatively popular blog, I suspect

Comment

Must have been a pain in the ass to exchange them all. My town requires every landlord to put in fire alarms in all hallways and bedrooms, in my particular flat (building was built in 1900) they are very useful at waking me up to certain dead (no other escape) but at least I don't have to install them. Good thing to have drywall everywhere I guess

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
              Second-generation Nest Protect looks a lot sleeker for sure.
              I am agree with you.

sony z5 schutzh?lle
              Last edited by Farber; 12 September 2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X