Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU, HEVC Support & More Added To Mainline Mesa 11.0

Phoronix: AMDGPU, HEVC Support & More Added To Mainline Mesa 11.0

Just after writing this morning about libdrm 2.4.63 being released and that it's needed for the AMDGPU Mesa support to land, the code indeed is now in mainline! There's the mainline support going into Mesa 11.0 for supporting the hardware via the AMDGPU DRM driver -- Tonga, Carrizo, Fiji, and future new hardware. There's also now HEVC video decode support on capable hardware via the VDPAU state tracker and other improvements related to this AMDGPU code push...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what was the addrilib again and why is it necessary? (for not so much involved people)

Comment

addrlib is used to calculate the proper buffer alignment requirements for tiling and various hardware blocks.

Comment

Wot... no ES3.1 support from Intel? They must be saving it for a Christmas present...

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          addrlib is used to calculate the proper buffer alignment requirements for tiling and various hardware blocks.
          is my imagination or it seems addrlib is at least partially used on radeonsi and r600g? or is just pipe work for amdgpu?

Comment

how come it wasnt there before? when will it be beneficial or required? is it AMDGPU specific? I mean its quite large after all. is it some kind of preprocessing?

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post

is my imagination or it seems addrlib is at least partially used on radeonsi and r600g? or is just pipe work for amdgpu?
              You seem confused. radeonsi is the userspace part of the open-source AMDGPU stack.

Comment

Cool, all mainlined

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

You seem confused. radeonsi is the userspace part of the open-source AMDGPU stack.
                  yeap that is right, i meant r800 class hardware. some of the patches seem to enable certain usage outside r800 class hardware, that is my doubt

Comment

Congratulations to all AMD devs for this achievement!

Comment

Working...
                    X