Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.48 Improves Support For OpenGL Core Contexts

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.48 Improves Support For OpenGL Core Contexts

Wine 1.7.48 didn't make it out last Friday for the usual bi-weekly development released, but is out there today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For a long time, I pinned my hopes on Ubuntu + Wine as the tool to end the proprietary operating system ownership of most desktop computers.

In the past five years, I've started thinking the tool for ending the proprietary operating system ownership of most desktop computers was processor performance wars plus browser performance wars plus the ever-expanding creep of HTML5 and Javascript (and now WebAssembly).

But Wine just keeps trucking along, covering more and more territory. The game isn't over yet.

Comment

For those still following the GCC issues, all three problems reports(pr66782, pr66838, pr66891) that I know of have been fixed, but only one made it in time for 5.2. That means that GCC 5.3 will be required to create proper Wine builds without -O0.

Comment

Comment

No wine9 since 1.7.41 :/

Comment

In this wine version fix some issues with vcomp.dll (gothic 3), in other games performance still very similar 1.7.47 (game tested for now)

Last edited by pinguinpc; 29 July 2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X