Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNU Guix 0.8.3 Brings 179 New Packages, New Commands

Phoronix: GNU Guix 0.8.3 Brings 179 New Packages, New Commands

GNU Guix, the functional package manager designed for the GNU system and GuixSD distribution, is out with a new release that has more than 800 commits over the past two months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really like this distro, I live in emacs at least part time and even having no dnf installer like the internal elpa package-manager sucks.

But this goes further you can go into the sources you can rollback installions of packages you get more control and more integration.

its a bit sad that the installer seem to not work right in a vm. at least on my machine had many problems it bootet after using the konsole kvm qemu tool with gnome boxes it would not work for me. I think because its a different format no iso.

then I had big problems with network getting IP I think the devices got different names than the howto says, I dont remember either I could not get a ip or after that I had problems getting X to install or something.

have to give 0.8.3 another try.

btw I also installed the thing inside of fedora, for some small software it worked guile-wm had then compile install or starting problems.

Comment

Working...
    X