Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TigerVNC 1.5 Brings IPv6 Server Support, Performance Fixes

Phoronix: TigerVNC 1.5 Brings IPv6 Server Support, Performance Fixes

A major update is out to TigerVNC, the popular, open-source VNC software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm using it on windows, but I'm disappointed with it's performance It supposed to be faster than tightvnc that I used before, but it's not Every vnc software I tried it's too slow I wonder why they don't do something similar to Steam's in home streaming Steam can stream games and the can't stream the desktop at a decent framerate when there so little change from one frame to another compared to a game I wanted to check if it's possible to get a decent framerate streaming with VLC capturing the screen and streaming over the network, but I don't know exactly how to do it

Comment

This i a duplicated post, cannot delete it
      Last edited by Danny3; 13 July 2015, 06:56 AM.

Comment

What I would really like to see is a strong encryption implementation as well as longer than 8 characters (!) and more complex password system introduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Draak View Post
          What I would really like to see is a strong encryption implementation as well as longer than 8 characters (!) and more complex password system introduction.
          If using a ssh tunnel isn't an option, tigervnc has built-in encryption support using gnutls. For passwords, there's been PAM integration for some time now (since 1.3 I think), so users authenticate with their system username and password. Then there's certificate stuff as well, which should provide the complexity.
          Last edited by Gusar; 13 July 2015, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X