Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPF Proposed To Become A First-Class Backend In LLVM

Phoronix: BFP Proposed To Become A First-Class Backend In LLVM

When it comes to taking advantage of the Linux kernel's (e)BPF in-kernel virtual machine, LLVM has served as the compiler of choice for targeting this virtual machine..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please...correct that typo in the title. I almost ignored this post (even though I am interested in BPF) because "BFP" didn't sound like anything that I was interested in.

Comment

Could someone please explain how the LLVM backend fits into all of this?

Comment

Writing an LLVM Backend (http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMBackend.html):
        This document describes techniques for writing compiler backends that convert the LLVM Intermediate Representation (IR) to code for a specified machine or other languages. Code intended for a specific machine can take the form of either assembly code or binary code (usable for a JIT compiler).

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          Could someone please explain how the LLVM backend fits into all of this?
          there's a diagram that helps you to understand how LLVM fits here
          Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Working...
          X