Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron Beta

Phoronix: Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron Beta

There's just about a month left until Ubuntu 8.04 is officially introduced, but the second to the last testing release is now available. The Ubuntu 8.04 beta came out last night and hardens up Hardy Heron on both the desktop and server ends for this first LTS (Long Term Support) release in nearly two years. The Canonical team and all involved free software projects have done a phenomenal job and Ubuntu 8.04 is shaping up to be their best release yet. Ubuntu 8.04 ships with many GNOME enhancements found in the recent 2.22 release, PulseAudio integration, virtualization improvements, and it uses the Linux 2.6.24 kernel.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been using it since Alpha6 I believe and was blown away. The 5.1 surround was working from the start. It's fast, resposive. The best UBUNTU I've tried

Comment

5.1 surround sound working from the start? I wonder if that means digital sound will work without editing the /etc/asound.conf file as well? I'll have to try it out soon.

Comment

Working...
      X