Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Massive Linux Benchmarking Setup Is Chugging Along

Phoronix: The Massive Linux Benchmarking Setup Is Chugging Along

It's going on one month now that our massive new server/benchmarking Linux and open-source benchmarking farm has been operational. So far things are going great and continuing to churn out a lot of performance data for the very latest Git code of the Linux kernel, Mesa, LLVM/Clang, and other projects on a daily basis...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome. I already told my wife that this is happening in our next house. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RoninDusette View Post
      Awesome. I already told my wife that this is happening in our next house. lol.
      Why not make it happen now?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, I have a Pi and drive hooked up as a NAS in the house for our 5 Linux systems (2 are media centres), but we don't own the house, and it is far too small to do what I would like to do. haha. I swear when we actually buy a house, this will be one of the deciding factors. I pretty much was going to do what you did; man cave with a couple of racks. As of now, my office is in our master bedroom, though it is pretty dope:

It's an old picture, but it essentially looks like that. Lol. I have cleaned up the cables and such since then, but yeah; man cave with racks is where it's at.

Comment

Michael: have you asked the Linux foundation for sponsorship? I wonder if you could help them and let them help you...

Comment

If I had tons of more money than I can hold, this seems like just about the kind of thing I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
              Michael: have you asked the Linux foundation for sponsorship? I wonder if you could help them and let them help you...
              Great idea.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                No I haven't. Generally don't like asking companies for sponsorship per se.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Couldn't you ask for monetary help, or rent hardware time to do testing, or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Agreed, it's tough to stay impartial these days. Even the trolls have mostly gone pro.

Nice thing about LF is that the only bias introduced would be that you probably wouldn't want to write a lot of "Linux sucks and has no future" articles
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X