Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstellar Marines On Linux With Catalyst: Bull S*#@

Phoronix: Interstellar Marines On Linux With Catalyst: Bull S*#@

Interstellar Marines is a science fiction FPS game in development that's powered by the Unity 4 Game Engine. While it's been available in early access mode for Linux gamers going back several months, the latest AMD Catalyst driver still seems to be having issues with this game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Playing the game in windowed mode? Seriously? Try if in full-screen and come again.
    The game looks like Doom3 ripoff though.

Comment

First picture when I search for "calexil"

and for dungeon

Last edited by dungeon; 22 January 2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Windowed mode, tear free, composite, cpu-freq, etc. how about that .

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
          Playing the game in windowed mode? Seriously? Try if in full-screen and come again.
          Pathetic excuse. The game should run fine both ways. It would be utterly ridiculous if I couldn't play my games in window mode I mean come on.

OpenGL seems to be a lost cause for AMD when even an indie title developed on an engine for indies that's several years old runs like complete ass. I'm just here waiting for OpenGL Next to finally release, I don't even care if Linux gets any more games until then. I hope AMD manages to finally get competitive with Nvidia then.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
            The game looks like Doom3 ripoff though.
            amd masterrace

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
              Pathetic excuse. The game should run fine both ways. It would be utterly ridiculous if I couldn't play my games in window mode I mean come on.
              We did not say to him to made an apitrace so that we can reproduce slowness, just suggest him what might made some difference in xyz games on xyz card/drivers... game might be buggy in windowed mode who knows . or if composite is on so it collide with Tear Free
              Last edited by dungeon; 22 January 2015, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Is there any difference between fullscreen and windowed on X? I thought that is purely Windows crap.
                Unless you run a compositor capable of redirect fullscreen of course.

Comment

All that together with ondemand cpu-freq and let say evarything very much maxed out in game... so some combo might be slow on some card drivers... but dunno all that for now i only have that picture

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    Is there any difference between fullscreen and windowed on X? I thought that is purely Windows crap.
                    Unless you run a compositor capable of redirect fullscreen of course.
                    Most of us run compositors (Gnome3, Unity, KDE4/5, XFCE w/computon, Cinnamon, ect), and once we all switch to Xserver-Next (Wayland and/or Mir) then everyone will be run a compositor all the time, even if you run a non-composited desktop thru XWayland/XMir.

As far as I know, ALL of the current composited linux Desktops do redirect fullscreen.

Does anyone know how Mir and Wayland handle fullscreen? Wasn't one of Wayland's idea to composite everything so Vsync can be maintained cleanly? Did that change? What about Mir?

Comment

Working...
                    X