Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major AMD Catalyst Linux Update Expected Next Week

Phoronix: Major AMD Catalyst Linux Update Expected Next Week

Due out next week is a very significant update to AMD's Catalyst Linux graphics driver as they continue to work towards the unified AMD Linux driver strategy...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

frame pacing for Dual Grtaphics
    ....this.....GOD I want THIS so much for radeon OSS...along with support for dual graphics of course

Comment

UVD Sessions?

Phase 2 from the va-api is hopeful encoding and phase 3 is h265 and phase 4 .... phase 5 profit

Comment

Originally posted by The front page
        The "Omega" Driver
        Where are you getting this name from?
        Where are you getting ANY of this article from?
        There is not a single link to the original source in this article ...

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
          Where are you getting this name from?
          Where are you getting ANY of this article from?
          There is not a single link to the original source in this article ...

Comment

Finally AMD is putting the focus on what is important.
            Drivers

Comment

I just starts to read, but

Update: It appears that the news about the driver release was a little premature. The drivers are no longer available on the AMD website. Expect an updated post for when the drivers will become available.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                Finally AMD is putting the focus on what is important.
                Drivers
                One would assume drivers would be the number two priority to focus, right after actually building good hardware.

Comment

New driver and OpenCL 2.0 for Radeon HD 7000

I hope that this driver brings the OpenCL 2.0 support for new Radeon Rx 200 series and older Radeon HD 7000 gfx cards. Previous provisional OpenCL 2.0 driver (from september) does not support OpenCL 2.0 for HD 7000. I was trying to compile specific OpenCL 2.0 and I couldn't do it with driver from september. Does anyone can confirm an OpenCL 2.0 support for older gfx cards? Someone from amd dev forurm wrote that is not excluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
                    One would assume drivers would be the number two priority to focus, right after actually building good hardware.
                    I like APUs, hardware is fine:

AMD states that you can expect up to 19% more performance than the previous driver (Catalyst 14.11.2) when running games on high-end graphics cards, and up to 29% more performance on APU-based systems.
                    That should be incredible, but only if that is true ... many removed those news from sites , i guess we will need to wait a little
                    Last edited by dungeon; 05 December 2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X