Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.17 RC1 Released, Exciting For GLAMOR & Modesetting

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.17 RC1 Released, Exciting For GLAMOR & Modesetting

Keith Packard has made available the first test release for the upcoming X.Org Server 1.17 release. This release is coming a bit late but Keith is still hoping to have xorg-server 1.17.0 ready for release at the end of the year or around early January...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does not the xf86-video-modesetting driver support DRI3?

How is XWayland work coming along? What is the status and progress here?

Also, how is the X without superuser/root privileges coming along?

Also is libinput support done yet? What is the status here?

Comment

Also, how is the X without superuser/root privileges coming along?
      AFAIK, this is already supported.
      Last edited by pejakm; 29 October 2014, 04:04 PM. Reason: A typo fix

Comment

tear-free

When wil DRI3 give me tear-free bug-free desktop on Intel?

Comment

No piece of software is ever bug-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
            No piece of software is ever bug-free.
            And linux is not tear-free and won't be unless as a side effect. Why? Because user experience is NOT of any significant priority to the driver eggheads and desktop devs don't have the leverage to put pressure on the eggheads. Because it's open-source baby. Anyone does whatever he pleases, no matter user-side priorities.

You may be damn sure that 5 years from now you're still be reading about some works to fix yet again broken tear-free. To put it differently you should consider an actual working tear-free linux desktop at any point in time a mere glitch.

I suggest anyone planning on sticking to Linux accept that or else it's going to be a painful ride.

Comment

I must be doing something wrong, having had no tearing for close to a decade now.

Comment

How many display do you have attached to your PC? I only have a problem as soon as there are 2 or more attached. In that case only the primary one is tearfree.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                  How many display do you have attached to your PC? I only have a problem as soon as there are 2 or more attached. In that case only the primary one is tearfree.
                  I'm not going to get into this. These are not isolated cases and you're free to see for yourself, either via bugzilla or by mere scan of phoronix news. For the opinion on whether FOSS is user-centric or not, you'll get to it soon enough

Comment

Working...
                  X