Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Has Different Views On The "Open-Source Community"

Phoronix: Everyone Has Different Views On The "Open-Source Community"

Yesterday Lennart Poettering wrote a controversial post how the open-source community is "a sick place to be in" and took issue with comments made by Linus Torvalds and others. To no surprise, there's been different individuals coming out with their own opinions on the matter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I feel very sorry fo Liam Dawe. He put everything in to his site. GoL was and still is an amazing site full of games news. All news, devs comments, nice community. That guy from linux game cast named Pedro or what called him c*nt and said GoL would be better without him. Linux game cast and this guy do that with everything. They just hate, bash and insult people, games, devs. It's really embarrassing. His motto is " poeple who get offended should get offended" and all his insults he calls "sarcasm" because he is so above everything. It's actually his and Linux game cast's style.. hating. it's sad to see, that bunch of people with no lifes are able to emotionally abuse people in that level, that person just gave up. Sad is, that Pedro and these bunch of sad human beings and other trolls are laughing their asses off like in this case "lol, Liam has no balls, that c*nt". Those people calling themself Linux community actually hurt community as whole. That's really sad. Positive is, that majority of Linux community are nice decent people.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
      Liam Dawe of GamingOnLinux is stepping away from his site after several years due to Internet trolls and in particular negative comments made about him by some other Linux gaming site I've never even heard of until today.
      Yup I hadn't hear for them as well till today. So they achieved what they wanted. Some traffic obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by atari314
        Harry Potter is a freaking emo hipster and can go burn in hell with his cancerD, pulseAids, etc...
        Because you are actually a masochist who enjoys setting up an arcane file called alsa.conf when you want to switch sound cards, instead of relying on nice GUIs for that. And don't even think about switching sound cards on the fly, or sending some streams to sound card A and others to sound card B.

Also, I'm pretty sure you already have a sound card with hardware mixing and the ability to open /dev/snd 32 times at once as I do, otherwise, I'll asume you are 2x as masochist than I initially thought, since you are using dmix.

That is for PulseAudio. If I told you about the hardware hiccups I've solved here with systemd...

Comment

Harry Potter is a freaking emo hipster and can go burn in hell with his cancerD, pulseAids, etc...
          You retards have had 20 years to make an open source windows replacment. You have failed.

Time for a new direction. A monolithic service manager is good for everyone.
          There has been more support from companies in a couple years with SystemD than Linux has has in 18 years using your outdated Unix'ish model.

I don't flippin care who's toes need to be broken. I just want everything to work.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
            You retards have had 20 years to make an open source windows replacment. You have failed.
            i find that a good thing

@Michael, i appreciate your benchmarks and articles
            keep up the good work
            also mmmm meat...

Comment

After running Phoronix for over ten years every single day, I've received all sorts of negative criticism, harassments, threats, and FUD, but remain committed to my work, improving, and enriching the Linux hardware experience. Take valid criticism -- both positive and negative -- for what it's worth, and move on. At the end of the day just keep your head high, remain committed to what you believe in, and do your best.
              Hear! You are doing huge dedicated effort for our pleasure. In fact I should probably renew my subscription (done..)

People leaving all the sick comments in this thread and others should really be ashamed of themselves.
              Last edited by Veto; 07 October 2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                You retards have had 20 years to make an open source windows replacment.
                I'm using Linux because I don't want to use Windows. There is no usable another option.

Comment

Superstar Syndorme

Comment

This is sarcastic, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X