Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmageddon 1.0 Transcoder Supports VP9, DVD Ripping

Phoronix: Transmageddon 1.0 Transcoder Supports VP9, DVD Ripping

We've been waiting for it and today the Transmageddon 1.0 release finally took place for the open-source audio/video transcoder application...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to see they can't even spell their own project name correctly, on their blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
      Nice to see they can't even spell their own project name correctly, on their blog.
      Hey, be kind, it was the end of a very long day when I finally wrote up that post Anyway, fixed now

Comment

Can it scale the video files? E.g. from full hd to a dvd size? (& keeping aspect ratio)

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
          Can it scale the video files? E.g. from full hd to a dvd size? (& keeping aspect ratio)
          Yes, this page explains how (http://www.linuxrising.org/advanced.html). If there is a transformation (size+codec combination) you find particularly useful for a wide audience let me know and I will add a standard preset for it.

Comment

Yes, you can find information about how to do it under the 'Advanced' tab on the Transmageddon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianSchaller View Post
              Hey, be kind, it was the end of a very long day when I finally wrote up that post Anyway, fixed now
              Does it support AMDs hardware acelerated encoding?
              RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianSchaller View Post
                Yes, this page explains how (http://www.linuxrising.org/advanced.html). If there is a transformation (size+codec combination) you find particularly useful for a wide audience let me know and I will add a standard preset for it.
                Well I got a dvd player that can only (apart from dvd video&video cd) play xvid/mp3 in avi containers but it only plays a maximum resolution of the dvd-video (720x576), I often transcode downloaded youtube moves etc into this format. I wrote scripts for myself that use ffmpeg to do this, but if your tool can do a better/faster/less hassle (e.g. detect if the movie file is too large & set the proper aspect ratio for resizing) job then I'd gladly use it :-).

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                  Does it support AMDs hardware acelerated encoding?
                  Well it relies on whatever GStreamer plugins you have installed and as far as I know there is no GStreamer plugins (apart from maybe the commercial ones from Fluendo?) that supports AMD hardware
                  encoding. The only hardware encoder I have tested and which do works is the one from Intel.

Comment

Well I got a dvd player that can only (apart from dvd video&video cd) play xvid/mp3 in avi containers but it only plays a maximum resolution of the dvd-video (720x576), I often transcode downloaded youtube moves etc into this format. I wrote scripts for myself that use ffmpeg to do this, but if your tool can do a better/faster/less hassle (e.g. detect if the movie file is too large & set the proper aspect ratio for resizing) job then I'd gladly use it :-).
                    Well if you write a xml file specifying xvid video, mp3 audio, avi container and a max resolution of 720x576, then Transmageddon would automatically resize any video down to that size if the video is bigger. If the video is that size or smaller it would not resize the video, but leave it as it is. If it resizes it always make sure to preserve aspect ratio.

I demonstrate I quickly put together a xml file for you:
                    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X