Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment's Elementary, EFL 1.9 Beta 2

Phoronix: Enlightenment's Elementary, EFL 1.9 Beta 2

The latest beta is now out for the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

E19 is quite a nice self contained DE/WM, also check out it's Tiling v2 module (disabled per default) and give the dev feedback.

I played a bit with E18 and 19 this week for the nice composite effects and tot test opengl accell with radeon, but then switched back to notion (ion3) because it doesn't get in the way as much and has tabbed tiles.

Comment

Even without OpenGL acceleration (crashes upon enabling) this is a really nice WM.

Check out the last NEWS entry, it's being parsed... . Joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
        Even without OpenGL acceleration (crashes upon enabling) this is a really nice WM.
        Hmmm, interesting. Works fine for me with OpenGL acceleration.

Enlightenment can push the capabilities of your graphics drivers, often exposing bugs that aren't normally encountered. Try using different drivers, and see how it goes for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeK View Post
          Hmmm, interesting. Works fine for me with OpenGL acceleration.

Enlightenment can push the capabilities of your graphics drivers, often exposing bugs that aren't normally encountered. Try using different drivers, and see how it goes for you.
          The alternative would be the nVidia blob. No thank you. I'm aware the pre nv50 mesa drivers are not really 'top notch' (they said themselfs on IRC). It is unfortunate, but I can live with that.

Maybe I should file a bugreport someday. I guess Enlightenment hits some corner cases.

Comment

i have nv50 card
            use the official driver, nouveau is not stable enough yet

i cant wait thou till it is as then i will get better, more clear and precise, perf data
            for opengl it will be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
              i have nv50 card
              use the official driver, nouveau is not stable enough yet

i cant wait thou till it is as then i will get better, more clear and precise, perf data
              for opengl it will be amazing
              I can live without an OpenGL WM and this with nouveau right now thank you.

Don't think that OpenGL on pre nv50 cards will progress any further in the near future. But we'll see.

Comment

Working...
              X