Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD 3.6 Does Intel/AMD KMS, DPorts, Better SMP

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD 3.6 Does Intel/AMD KMS, DPorts, Better SMP

DragonFlyBSD 3.6 is out today and it's an extremely exciting release for the BSD operating system!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ohh, yeah...
    Benchmarks, please!

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
      Dead on arrival. What is the DragonFlyBSD market share?
      Just a guess, but I think they have more users than you. I forgot, which FOSS project do you develop? Or was it a proprietary one? How many users do you have, what is your projects marketshare?

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
        Just a guess, but I think they have more users than you. I forgot, which FOSS project do you develop? Or was it a proprietary one? How many users do you have, what is your projects marketshare?
        He has "loosers", lots of them. For instance, he is a looser, the nuts of his brain are loose

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
          It's funny you consider single user as a BSD competitor. I'll maybe make my own OS and call it GPLbsd. It will have exactly same market share according to netmarketshare.com.

Comment

Originally posted by a2r-l View Post
            He has "loosers", lots of them. For instance, he is a looser, the nuts of his brain are loose
            In case you're looking for losers:

This report lists the market share of the top operating systems in use, like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.

Btw. DragonflyBSD is an only BSD worth attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
              It's funny you consider single user as a BSD competitor. I'll maybe make my own OS and call it GPLbsd. It will have exactly same market share according to netmarketshare.com.
              I don't. BO$$ claims to be a developer. So if he measures the marketshare to be an indicator for success the question about the marketshare of his projects is legitimate. Also, your link to desktop usage statistics shows only that you don't know shit about DragonFlyBSD, it is aimed at servers, so why do you even bring up the desktop marketshare? Is it because this was a very poor attempt to troll or because you wanted to show us your ignorance?

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                In case you're looking for losers:

This report lists the market share of the top operating systems in use, like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.

Btw. DragonflyBSD is an only BSD worth attention.
                Heh...
                Market share for desktop: http://www.netmarketshare.com/operat...=8&qpcustomd=0
                Mac OS X 7.73%, Linux 1.61

Market share for mobile/tablet: http://www.netmarketshare.com/operat...=8&qpcustomd=1
                IOS 55.39%, Android 30.58%

Console market share: http://www.netmarketshare.com/operat...=8&qpcustomd=2
                Playstation 77.8%, Linux??

Before you start crying "OS X is not FreeBSD", this CLEARLY shows that BSD is all over the place, all over the world. So STFU.

Comment

awsome, dragonflybsd is becoming more and more popular. So more and more developers will contribute.

if you wonder why then maybe some benchmarks will be convincing.

Comment

dragonfly is becoming more and more popular.
                    I am one step away of using it in a real environment and not just for testing in a VM.

+1 for benchmarks =)

Comment

Working...
                    X