Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Flight Simulator Game Is Flying To Linux

Phoronix: A New Flight Simulator Game Is Flying To Linux

It's been revealed that a new aircraft flight simulator game, which last year was released for Windows and the Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 consoles, will soon see a native port released for Linux as well as OS X via Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wao looks real sexy

And finally i will have something i can use my joystick with

Comment

Would be nice if you credit your sources Mike...me in this case.

Experience top combat action in this brand new arcade flight sim and become immersed in the exploits of famous aircraft carriers. The developers have stated they expect it to hit Linux in a few weeks.

Was on my to-cover list ever since their comments, then I put it up and within no time your article appears after mine. A good journalist gives credits to sources...

Comment

One can only hope that publishers continue to test the waters with Linux gaming and that they'll broaden the genres so that there's more uptake. Case in point, this game looks awesome and I can't wait to grab it.

Comment

One of the most important (both by terms of user base and highest level of fidelity) flight sim platforms, DCS, is not coming to linux and those blokes plan ~5 years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
            One of the most important (both by terms of user base and highest level of fidelity) flight sim platforms, DCS, is not coming to linux and those blokes plan ~5 years ahead.
            I would say that Falcon rivals DCS in terms of accuracy, unfortunately there are no plans for a linux port for that either. Still nice to have something I can use my FCS on in linux other then X-Plane.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
              Would be nice if you credit your sources Mike...me in this case.

Experience top combat action in this brand new arcade flight sim and become immersed in the exploits of famous aircraft carriers. The developers have stated they expect it to hit Linux in a few weeks.

Was on my to-cover list ever since their comments, then I put it up and within no time your article appears after mine. A good journalist gives credits to sources...
              Well this is phoronix you know, it's not like he really goes out of his way to source his stuff as opposed to shoving 20 self-referential links in the post and possibly one link buried in with that mess of self-references pointing to the actual source. I'm not opposed to the self-referential links being there as it is nice to go through the hierarchy of events leading up to something but really they should be a different color or something, and the source link should be more prevalent.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                Well this is phoronix you know, it's not like he really goes out of his way to source his stuff as opposed to shoving 20 self-referential links in the post and possibly one link buried in with that mess of self-references pointing to the actual source. I'm not opposed to the self-referential links being there as it is nice to go through the hierarchy of events leading up to something but really they should be a different color or something, and the source link should be more prevalent.
                It's just sad as I see him rip others content fairly regularly without a hint of journalist integrity for citing sources to give credit to the people who it's actually due to. Remember Mike you started out somewhere small too.

What's more sad for me is I used to love Phoronix.

Comment

not a flight simulator

I must come out of lurker status to address a pet peeve of mine: referring to a flight combat simulator as a flight simulator. Too many times I've excitedly purchased or downloaded a game that wound up not having the most rudimentary of control surfaces, like flaps or a rudder.

Comment

Flight sim games these days are kinda boring. Back in the 90s, there was this one flight sim game, can't remember the name, that took place in an alternate-history WWII where hitler never rose in power, but instead aliens attacked earth and everyone had to defend against them using WWII-age airplanes against flying saucers... there should be more games like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X