Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Bundle Mojam: Games Made In One Weekend

Phoronix: Humble Bundle Mojam: Games Made In One Weekend

The latest Humble Indie Bundle ended earlier this week without much fanfare and less than $1M USD in sales, but there's a new special weekend bundle that's a bit different from the rest... This new bundle lasts for only the weekend (28 hours left) as three teams compete to each make a brand new game in the span of this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Re

They are now playing "Let's make big, fast money on little effort"

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
      They are now playing "Let's make big, fast money on little effort"
      Everything goes to charity this time.

Comment

Qt creating a children thread using QFuture error

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        no you are wrong they make ZERO money.
        Ye, I've read latter that it's for charity on mojang...

Comment

Hmm, since it's all going to charity, it would be interesting to see which charity gets the most funds...

Comment

It is not guaranteed that the games will be made available for Linux this time. I asked the support after I contributed and they said its entirely up to the developers.

Every team is using java though, so it should be quite portable to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorsai! View Post
              It is not guaranteed that the games will be made available for Linux this time. I asked the support after I contributed and they said its entirely up to the developers.

Every team is using java though, so it should be quite portable to begin with.
              Well, so far only one game is available and Windows only...

Comment

Thats a joke, when you click on it it is a browser game. Needs only java installed, no problem for Linux

Comment

Ah, OK
                  Unfortunately it doesn't really work. I cannot click anything or choose a menu. I'll figure it out...

Comment

It works, you can fire at enemies and get points when you collect the gems, but the enemies always look the same and you can not die.

Comment

Working...
                    X