Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Hello To XWayland & A New X.Org Video Driver

Phoronix: Say Hello To XWayland & A New X.Org Video Driver

Corentin Chary has announced the release of XWayland and the new xf86-video-wlshm driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A question: Is there anyone out there who has put out a LiveCD/USB which can be used to test Wayland using either Radeon or Nouveau KMS+Gallium drivers?

I've been hearing tons about it for the last few years here on Phoronix, but I haven't played with it yet myself. It might still be too early in the project to expect something like this, but if someone has already produced a distribution/CD with it, I would like to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
      A question: Is there anyone out there who has put out a LiveCD/USB which can be used to test Wayland using either Radeon or Nouveau KMS+Gallium drivers?

I've been hearing tons about it for the last few years here on Phoronix, but I haven't played with it yet myself. It might still be too early in the project to expect something like this, but if someone has already produced a distribution/CD with it, I would like to try it out.
      afaik no there isn't any livecd stuff and i don't think you can run it virtualized either (take that with a grain of salt)

however i think you can run it in X (at least i've seen screenshots of it)

Comment

Wait some years and major distros will start to use Wayland.
        I think at least Fedora will make a Wayland live CD to try out before releasing the final version. But still it might take some years.

Wayland is still in rapid development and not yet ready for daily usage.
        Last edited by AlbertP; 30 June 2011, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Hi all... Thank you so much for posting such nice topic on health.... From here we shall get to know a lot about health and how to keep it improved... Also we shall know how to maintain a healthy body... I am getting benefitted by this forum... Thank you so much and hoping to get to kn ow more on this stuff....!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X