Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" Alpha 1 Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" Alpha 1 Released

As expected, Ubuntu 11.04 (codenamed "Natty Narwhal") was released on Thursday afternoon. Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 1 uses the Linux 2.6.37 kernel, a very early snapshot of Canonical's Unity desktop, updated GNOME 3.0 applications, and much more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Impressed

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" Alpha 1 Released

As expected, Ubuntu 11.04 (codenamed "Natty Narwhal") was released on Thursday afternoon. Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 1 uses the Linux 2.6.37 kernel, a very early snapshot of Canonical's Unity desktop, updated GNOME 3.0 applications, and much more...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODg2NA
    I was running kubuntu with gnome desktop installed on an HP mini, I used the update manager to upgrade to 11.04, took about 2hours but it was worth it. For alpha software it is smooth, and Firefox 4 nice looking and moves the status bar into the address bar which is nice for a mini. KDE environment still loads and uses Firefox 4. I'm a fan

So far I'm not real big on the unity dock, its growing on me, I think it should be smaller, so far I can't seem to find any adjustment for it, I assume it is coming. When all the applications are browsed its nice to be able to search them but the initial load is slow, but it is also loading all the apps from the kubuntu desktop.

Comment

Working...
    X