Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Installer 6.0 Reaches Beta

Phoronix: Debian Installer 6.0 Reaches Beta

With the upcoming release of Debian Squeeze, the Debian Installer team has announced the first beta release of the Debian Installer 6.0. This version of the Debian Installer brings several fixes, package updates, and new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

PS3

I thought PS3 linux support was no longer available?

Comment

Originally posted by mercutio View Post
      I thought PS3 linux support was no longer available?
      Other OS mode is not available on current firmwares or on the newer "slim" models. Some people who use their older PS3s exclusively for Linux or just don't use PSN simply never updated their firmware and continue to use Linux. A few of the more hardcore PS3 Linux/Other OS hackers even have PS3s that haven't been updated for years, because it's possible to access the RSX (the Nvidia GPU) from Linux in older firmware versions.

Comment

Or they just follow the scene..

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
          Other OS mode is not available on current firmwares or on the newer "slim" models. Some people who use their older PS3s exclusively for Linux or just don't use PSN simply never updated their firmware and continue to use Linux. A few of the more hardcore PS3 Linux/Other OS hackers even have PS3s that haven't been updated for years, because it's possible to access the RSX (the Nvidia GPU) from Linux in older firmware versions.
          Geohot has custom PS3 firmware available which gives you the latest updates without losing the other OS option (I do not use it so don't ask questions about it to me).

Comment

Working...
          X