Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Monitoring Comes To Newer Radeon DRM

Phoronix: Thermal Monitoring Comes To Newer Radeon DRM

Over the past few days we have had a number of new open-source ATI Radeon support upbringings to report on including the ATI R600/700 Gallium3D driver being merged, voltage control for managing the power on newer ATI GPUs, and the ATI Radeon HD 5000 series Mesa code coming soon, but the slew of open-source ATI news is not over yet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How do I read the temp after applying the patch?

Comment

Check your sysfs for a temperature readout.
      It will be some file on sysfs that you need to cat.

Depending on how it is exposed, temperature monitor programs should be able to utilise it. Otherwise, they'll have to be updated.

Comment

Make sure you are using v2 of the patch. It will show up as another hwmon device. See the /sys/class/hwmon. It should work with existing hwmon utilities.

Comment

This is what I've waited for so long, thank you!

Comment

Cool it's working.

Code:
            $ echo high > /sys/class/drm/card1/device/power_profile
            wait a little...
            $ cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input
            [B]65[/B]000

$ echo low > /sys/class/drm/card1/device/power_profile
            wait a little...
            [B]61[/B]000

$ echo minimum > /sys/class/drm/card1/device/power_profile
            wait a little...
            [B]47[/B]000
            Also shows up in GNOME Sensors Applet.

Comment

Wow, step by step we get all the functionality! Thank you Alex and everybody working on oss radeon!

Comment

There is many dev made around open-source ATI driver, but still no 3D acceleration. I can't wait playing my games with open-source stack and getting ride of fglrx.
                I'm no dev at all, but why is it so long to develop a 3D driver, knowing that ATI released the specs for doing it more than a year ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
                  There is many dev made around open-source ATI driver, but still no 3D acceleration. I can't wait playing my games with open-source stack and getting ride of fglrx.
                  I'm no dev at all, but why is it so long to develop a 3D driver, knowing that ATI released the specs for doing it more than a year ago?
                  3d acceleration is missing only on Evergreen, and according to recent news, it's coming soon...

Comment

This is good news, hope I can add it to conky.

Comment

Working...
                    X