Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 Arrives

Phoronix: KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 Arrives

There's still a few months left before KDE Software Compilation 4.5 will be released, but for the interim there are the usual monthly point releases of the current stable branch. As such, with the start of a new month, KDE Software Compilation 4.4.3 was released this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh my god, they stole Ubuntu's window maximize/minimize/close buttons and its unified titlebar/menubar appearance!

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Oh my god, they stole Ubuntu's window maximize/minimize/close buttons and its unified titlebar/menubar appearance!
      I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be ironic/sarcastic, but I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Yes. Even Canonical know the power of KDE. Worse is, though, that they stole my time machine! And I told mr. Shuttleworth that this was _not_ how to fix Ubuntu's bug nr.1, damnit!

Comment

This is great!

Kde sux

Comment

KDE 4 is like a project without an end. When is it going to be a finalized final product that we can say grab that!?

I guess I will never touch it again after several horrible experiences with KDE 4

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
              KDE 4 is like a project without an end. When is it going to be a finalized final product that we can say grab that!?

I guess I will never touch it again after several horrible experiences with KDE 4
              That is why you should not be an early adopter.

Anyway, KDE 4 has issues at its conception, but those have been fixed. It is rock solid; I am running KDE 4.4.3 now and my system is great.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                *sigh* Better do not touch the wrong distribution again. Some heroes of we always have bleeding edge stuff in here messed it up and put 4.0 that was clearly declared not to be a user release in. Upstream said no but they put. And probably didn't even put it right.

And some smaller bugs you will find everywhere. I'm KDE user since v3 and it works fine for me, even on some weaker machines.
                Of course KDE upstream often adds new features in a first release and then comes later with the fixes so it's often better to wait for a 4.x.1 or so.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be ironic/sarcastic, but I don't get it.
                  Then look at the new Ubuntu theme. The maximize/minimize/close buttons look exactly like Oxygen ones.

Comment

Then Canonical copied, because KDE had it long before Canonical even announced their new GUI design.

Comment

Working...
                    X