Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 7.8 In March; Mesa 8.0 To Have OpenGL 3

Phoronix: Mesa 7.8 In March; Mesa 8.0 To Have OpenGL 3

This week in the Mesa world Gallium3D feature levels came about and a new EGL state tracker was released. The week though is not over and there are more announcements coming out for this free software OpenGL stack used on Linux and other operating systems.First off, a release plan is being formed for Mesa 7.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't wait for Kubuntu 10.10 (or any other distro), with kde 4.5 and all these new kernel/driver versions.

Comment

Really good year this will be. So exciting.

Comment

Apparently Snow Leopard is also moving towards fully supporting OpenGL 3.0. Does anybody know how far behind is Mesa compared to OSX in this area?

Comment

Ubuntu 10.10 and Fedora 13 is going to be something to see.

Comment

Originally posted by avilella View Post
            Apparently Snow Leopard is also moving towards fully supporting OpenGL 3.0. Does anybody know how far behind is Mesa compared to OSX in this area?
            Mac is slow as molasses on OpenGL they are a completely closed shop with resources that can be described as short bus capability in this area.

Comment

I suppose with the majority of gamers still using DX9 on XP, and used to the DX9 level graphics on Xbox360, Apple isn't really as far behind Microsoft in the graphics area as it sounds.

Personally I'm really excited to get graphics near the same level as I got with Catalyst 9.3 on my R300 core. I'm just hoping that the resolution-changing bug i'm experiencing will get sorted out somewhere along the way.

Comment

Working...
              X