Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking Mobile Phones & Devices

Phoronix: Benchmarking Mobile Phones & Devices

It was just a week ago that we confirmed the Phoronix Test Suite is being ported to Windows, then on Monday delivered Phoronix Test Suite 2.2, and a day after that announced a major advancement for Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 "Lenvik" and that was image quality comparison and analysis support to take our benchmarking software to the next level. Today we are continuing on this roll by announcing the Phoronix Test Suite is coming to mobile phones! To assist those in optimizing their software on mobile phones and devices for not only the pure performance but also matters like monitoring the battery power consumption, the Phoronix Test Suite has made the jump into the mobile space. As of the latest Lenvik code now found in the Phoronix Test Suite Git tree, Palm's webOS platform is now supported and the Phoronix Test Suite 2.4 can run on the Palm Pre and should be able to handle other webOS devices too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

android

this NEEDS to come to android also!!

afterall, it is based off of the linux kernel

Comment

Originally posted by portets43 View Post
      this NEEDS to come to android also!!

afterall, it is based off of the linux kernel
      I have no access to any Android hardware and prefer not to use an emulator so waiting for a vendor then to send out such hardware or grant me remote access.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

i second (perhaps unnecessarily) the android appeal, but more importantly just wanted to say to Larabel, your vision with this project is pitch perfect and inspiring.

Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by khaije1 View Post
          ...but more importantly just wanted to say to Larabel, your vision with this project is pitch perfect and inspiring.
          Thanks, hopefully it all works out
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Hey Michael,

I am typically interested in phoronix support developed for android platform. I work for a team currently developing android based devices.

Can we have a discussion about the scope and specific needs that you might have in terms of developing support for android?

Thanks,

Tag

Comment

Hi Tag,

As mentioned in your other thread, most all of the support for Android should be in place I believe, but you're free to email me with any other information.

Michael at phoronix.com
              Michael Larabel

Comment

You guys know of any company who makes tools for Android benchmarking. Any information will be appreciated.

Comment

Here's some information that I was able to grab till now:

1) PHP-GTK dependency cant be fulfilled because of the fact that Android lacks an X server

2) U can run debain on Android platform(walkthrough but will not essentially provide same results)

Comment

Although I haven't looked heavily at it yet, I would expect that any system that supports Linaro can probably trivially have PTS installed on it via a deb package.

Again, the compiler (or cross compiler) represents a challenge, but is most likely not unsurmountable.

Matthew

Comment

Working...
                    X