Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces Faster Arc Pro A60 & A60M Graphics

Phoronix: Intel Announces Faster Arc Pro A60 & A60M Graphics

Intel today announced the Arc Pro A60 graphics card and the A60M as the mobile variant of this new faster class of Arc Pro Graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According videocardz this card could appear around 175us for 12gb vram 192bit bus

Intel Arc A60 and A60M Pro announced Intel extends the family of its professional products with Arc A60 desktop and A60M mobile GPUs. The A60 Pro is the newest desktop GPU based on Intel Xe-HPG (Alchemist) architecture. Same as its mobile version, called A60M Pro, it offers 16 Xe-Cores (256 FP32 shading units) and 12GB […]

if this occur could put in troubles many cards 8gb vram cards with 128bit bus

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
      According videocardz this card could appear around 175us for 12gb vram 192bit bus
      Did I miss a trend where $ is now called "us"?

Comment

Would love to see a ThinkPad with AMD or Intel discrete graphics for BSD usage since FreeBSD is the only BSD supporting Nvidia well.

Comment

This actually looks pretty interesting since it's a single slot card, and 12GB of VRAM is great if the street pricing ends up being reasonable. It's like a slower poor man's version of the RTX A4000. I still wish there was a 75W single slot version of this or the A380. I'm not even sure what has filled that gap best since the old Quadro P2000.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Did I miss a trend where $ is now called "us"?
            Apparently. Plenty of countrys utilise $ signs.

175 US will be nowhere close to what I could expect to pay in $.
            Hi

Comment

Are these cards based on DG2 or DG3? If theses are still DG2, than who in their right mind is going to buy them. The GPUs won't be fully supported in the new Xe DRM driver on Linux if still DG2. No one should buy a DG2 based Intel GPU especially if you are using Linux. Since Intel chose to burn those of us in the Linux community who purchased DG2 cards. I will not even consider Intel again. Screwing over whole communities on only your second gen product does not bode well for the future of the Arc gpus.

Comment

Performance is almost secondary when it comes to workstation gfx cards. Most of Intel's focus here is to have the hardware and drivers tested and certified to have full compatibility/stability (all the boring stuff) with the applications that their target customers use.

I would not wish having to inspect a moderately complex FEA mesh with a GeForce on my worst enemy.

Comment

I must have missed the explanation as to why the "Pro" card has less memory than the non-Pro card (A770)?

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
                  This actually looks pretty interesting since it's a single slot card, and 12GB of VRAM is great if the street pricing ends up being reasonable. It's like a slower poor man's version of the RTX A4000. I still wish there was a 75W single slot version of this or the A380. I'm not even sure what has filled that gap best since the old Quadro P2000.
                  The A2000?

Oh, no, that's dual-slot low-profile only.

I'm sure I saw a single-slot "normal" version...??? Maybe it was a concept which was never launched?

Comment

I would say that anyone wanting an intel gpu wait for either VM_BIND development to get picked back up for i915 or for DG2's huc loading to be added to XE, one or the other will be fine

Comment

Working...
                    X